Under Construction

Chapter 2 Coffee Morning

Back to Fanfic

Content rating: General audiences

Warnings: None

Summary: Scrapper and Hook deal with fustrating morning problems.


Notes:

Created using the prompt “Your characters discussed how to solve a problem while having coffee”

City of steel was a weird g1 episode, even for g1.



“I am afraid we have to comply with Lord Megatron’s orders...” Scrapper said.

Hook managed to lift his helm enough to give a reproachful look in Scrapper’s general direction. The bleary static of his optic band took the sharpness from Hook’s glare. It was quite adorable—especially the ever denied pout. 

Scrapper smiled and continued to work the oil dispenser. It rumbled like a launching shuttle as it produced oil in spurts. He put the cube of oil near Hook’s servo and the cube was grabbed. After a slurp Hook gave his usual grunt of thanks.

As he sipped his own oil Scrapper felt glad he didn't have to make a ‘taxi’ into an attack drone like Hook. Hook was already in a sour mood and no amount of oil would sooth having to complete the tedious task. 

However, Scrapper had to organise cyberforming which was just as tedious. He had no idea how the slag was he supposed to cyberform an entire organic city with only a single flock of seekers to spread the nanites. Which meant his team had to work with seekers. Scrapper would be spending half his time wanting to punch something, and the rest of it peeling Mixmaster off Skywarp.

Creating war drones from flimsy primitive organic machines suddenly seemed appealing.

Earlier in the week Scrapper had tried to explain to Megatron that this plan would require extensive labor for potentially small results. Hook had followed this up by bluntly saying it was a stupid plan. The charged fusion cannon made it clear criticism wasn’t welcome. 

“...Couldn’t we just use normal attack drones?” Hook grumbled as he glared at the plans. “Why the frag are we doing this pointless contrived nonsense. what’s next—a giant purple mechanimal?”

Scrapper sighed. He’d need high grade later.