Twisted Blades

Back to Fanfic

Chapter 2

Ao3 Link

Content rating: Mature

Warnings: None.

Summary: Vortex and Swindle talk. Vortex has kitty paws.


Notes:

A chapter that recontextualises what Onslaught saw. Because my muse wanted Swindle and Vortex talking in bed? Manual = vanilla in terms of kink for cybertronians.



"It was so hard to find a mech who'd actually do what I was after," Vortex said. "Mechs hear how hard I want to play they think I'm some manual who doesn't know what he's asking or I'm trying to get hurt."

"But Tex," Swindle said as he started to play with Vortex's servo. "You do wanna get hurt."

"Not that kinda hurt Swin," Vortex replied, flicking his rotors. He knew Swindle was gonna start popping his claws out. It felt weird but Swin' liked having something to do with his hands while cuddling.

Swindle moved his shoulders in a cuddle restrained shrug. "Eh, your kink isn't mine—I get wanting to be spanked verses smacked around."

Vortex felt one of his claws extend under the gentle pressure of Swindle's digits. "Yeah," he replied. Vortex wasn’t sure Swindle entirely got it, but even among mechs who enjoyed pain what Vortex enjoyed was seen as extreme. They settled into a comfortable silence for a while, Swindle still playing with his digits.

"So, I'm gonna be honest here 'Tex."

Vortex sniggered, "That's a first."

"'Tex this is serious. Ons said you came back to base loopy with broken struts and covered in your own energon—and I know Ons is manual as frag but..." Swindle trailed off. "Hook is treating you right isn't he?"

Vortex sighed. "He is, but Ons' is so manual he's got no idea what he's looking at," Vortex said. "I'd agreed with Hook I wanted to show off his work. My fingers were splinted and my lines sealed but I wasn't cleaned off. I was loopy cuz...I..." Vortex flushed under his mask.

"...oh," Swindle was smirking, Vortex knew it. "You like him."

"He's...y'know under all the ego kinda fun."

Swindle was still smirking, Vortex could tell.

"Okay I might have a crush. A big one—it's not my fault he's hot and knows his way around a surgical saw. Or that he likes plotting hypothetical murders too."

"...I. Okay. Yeah. Not my thing," Swindle said. "But good for you."

"He even has one for me," Vortex said reverently. "It's so well planned out."

"...dear Primus." Swindle sighed. "You're made for eachother."